WOMEN AND MEN
Work is a world in which we talk to get our work done. It is how we are being evaluated, how we get others to do what we want, how we deal with mistakes, accept or challenge authority, share or withhold information. All this affects our success: how we are regarded and rewarded. Yet at work we find a variety of different worlds, which creates a world of differences when we communicate! This program raises your awareness of the communication issues encountered between men and women at work. And it provides answers to important questions: How do you understand (and not simply react) to the impact of gender differences? Why do the same words cause different reactions? How do you close the communication gap? How do men and women influence people? When do you adapt? When and how do you request a change in behavior? The result: Improved work relationships based upon a recognition of conversational differences creates a more harmonious and more productive work environment. You get more work done, better!
• Why bridge the communication differences between men and women?
• What causes men and women to be at cross purposes?
• How do the different worlds of boys and girls produce different words in men and women?
• What is GENDERFLEX TM? Appreciating and adapting to differences.
• How do men and women talk on the job?
• How do men and women handle the BIG THREE DIFFERENCES -
• What are the conversation differences of men ?
• What are the conversation differences of women ?
• A six step system for adapting to the differences.
• Women’s communication - what to enhance, improve, delete.
• Men’s communication - what to enhance, improve, delete.
• How to get into the other’s world.
• How to request a change in behavior.
• How to get more done at work. How to work well together.
• How to actively listen.
• How to adapt to differences and be more productive.
The book GENDERFLEX TM by Judith C. Tingley, Ph.D. provides a great
resource for this course.
Contact Susan Wehrspann